This section covers numpy, a library for performing efficient calculations on large numerical arrays.
- Introduction to numpy - an overview of the numpy library.
- Anatomy of a numpy array - arrays of different shapes and sizes.
- Numpy efficiency - how numpy arrays acheive efficiency.
- Creating numpy arrays
- Fixed value arrays - creating arrays that are filled with a fixed value (eg all zeros).
- Data series - creating arrays that are filled with a data series.
- Arrays from existing data - creating arrays that are filled with data from an existing source.
- Data types - how to create arrays of integers and floats of different precisions.
- Random data - creating arrays that are filled with random data.
- Avoiding loops in numpy - techniques to speed up calculations with advanced vectorisation.
- Image processing with numpy - image processing with numpy arrays
Visit the PythonInformer Discussion Forum for numeric Python.