New ebook (PDF) covering functional programming in Python now available.
The book covers the basics of functional programming including function objects, immutability, recursion, iterables, comprehensions and generators. It also covers more advanced topics such as closures, memoization, partial functions, currying, functors and monads. No prior knowledge of functional programming is required, just a working knowledge of Python.
- What is functional programming?
- Objects, variables, and functions as objects.
- Immutable objects.
- Transforming and reducing iterables.
- Partial application and currying.
- Functors and monads.
- itertools, functools and other useful libraries.