generativepy is a generative art and graphing library for creating images and animations. It is an open source project released under the MIT licence.
generativepy is a library, not an application. It provides useful functions that allow you to create images and videos by writing simple Python scripts.
The library uses pycairo for drawing graphics.
- A simple framework for creating images and image sequences using pycairo.
- Colour module that supports RGB, HSL and CSS colours and conversion, and transparency support.
- A simple tweening module to help with animation.
- Drawing utility functions to simplify common pycairo operations.
- A graphing library for plotting 2D functions.
Advantages of Python
As a Python library, generativepy can make use of other standard libraries such as:
- numpy, PIL, scipy and others for image manipulation and processing.
- Scrapy, BeautifulSoup and others to obtain data via webscraping.
- OpenCV for image recognition, segmentation, motion detection etc.
- TensorFlow and other libraries for machine learning.
To discuss generativepy, visit our forum.
For detailed information of pycairo see the Computer graphics in Python ebook.